Tour Logistics: Contracts, Travel, & More
Today in the Music Biz Besties Facebook group the "Tuesday Ask" prompt was all about touring! The comments and questions were so great that I decided to do a FB Live to share all about tour logistics and to answer some questions from the group.
Watch the Replay
Prefer to watch and follow the comments in the Facebook group? Click here.
In this video you'll learn...
- Contract lingo: Guarantee, percentage, bonus/overage
- Travel logistics: Booking flights, itinerary details, rental cars
- Soundcheck details
- Festival logistics
- Merch: Who sells, venue percentages, shipping in advance, festival specifics, spreadsheets, and more!
- How to get started as a tour manager, plus a few qualifications
- Who does what: Tour manager + merch seller + sound engineer
- How to be a great tour manager (hint: check in with artist management)
- & more!
If you still have questions - leave them in the comments!
Related downloads to help you get started... and organized!
Tour Itinerary Template
Click here to go to the full Tour Itinerary Template post.
Artist Management Checklists (updated monthly)
Click here to go to the full How to be Your Own Artist Manager post
Share this post with your friends!
Katherine Forbes, Founder of Designing the Row
A Music City girl obsessed with creating confidence in my clients through design, marketing, and community. In today’s world, your visual branding and online presence will either make or break you. I’ve got my Diet Coke in hand and am ready to get started on your next project.