Do you ever feel like you get lost in the day to day tasks of growing your music career? That when it comes down to it, your “creative career” doesn’t feel very creative at all?
Who do you turn to for advice and inspiration? Who are your music biz besties?
As an online marketing strategist for the music industry, I see so much passion, but community - not so much. That’s why I’m starting the Music Biz Besties Facebook group. A place for women in music to be inspired! A place to feel comfortable sharing the ups and downs that come along with the industry. And a place to make connections, learn, and grow your career.
So, if you could use more inspiration and less stress in your life - come be our bestie! Because “alone we can do so little, together we can do so much.”
If you want in, shoot me an e-mail and let me know what you're currently struggling with the most… I can’t wait to chat! (you can also sign up on Facebook).
Opportunity. Friendships. Learning & Sharing. Community. Music.
Be our bestie... the guidelines!
1. Opportunity • Find and share co-writes, open mic spots, jobs, etc.
2. Friendships • Invite your friends to join and also make new ones here in the group!
3. Learning & Sharing • Let's support each other. We're all on this journey together! This is a no promo group though, so please hold your promos for prompts.
4. Community • Don't be afraid to ask a question or share a failure. We're here to support you.
5. Music • Let's stay on topic. This group is all about rising the tide in the music biz.
If you want to be a featured bestie or have a specific question you want answered, email Katherine at email@example.com.
Katherine Forbes, Founder of Designing the Row
Designing the Row is a web design and marketing studio based in Nashville, TN. I'm Katherine Forbes, and I love creating websites to help share others' music online. I believe there is more to a website than just pretty graphics and layout. Each website needs to reflect the design and music style of the artist but also have a marketing strategy to help fans navigate easily.